- Project name: System for identifying criminals based on photographic or video material (BIOWIZ)
- Source of funding: National Centre for Research and Development
- Project goal: The main goal of the project is to develop a system of biometric facial and/or silhouette recognition. The system will not be susceptible to recognition errors caused by facial expressions, angles or lighting. The primary application of the product is identifying perpetrators and collecting evidence.
The project involves the development of a system for identifying perpetrators based on photo and video material. The biometric part of the system consists of integrated modules including facial recognition, tracking, biometric engines which generate biometric facial and silhouette templates, as well as a module connecting available data. The biometric modules can be connected to databases (e.g. police photograph databases) and operational materials. The system is an interactive tool applicable in various scenarios, including facial detection, isolating frames containing faces and tracking faces in video footage, and identifying persons marked in photographs or videos based on their biometric profiles. Its modular structure allows for incorporating new scenarios and techniques. The system is designed for identifying perpetrators by police officers. The technological readiness level of the project is IX.
Development of a system for identifying perpetrators based on photo and video material.
- Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Electronics and Information Technology – Project Leader
- NASK PIB
- AGH University of Science and Technology
- Polish Platform for Homeland Security