- Project name: Secure biometrics implementation platform for identity verification and identification
- Source of funding: Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- Project goal: The goal of the project was to develop a series of procedures for laboratories specialising in quality and biometric solution security testing.
The purpose of the project was to develop a series of procedures for use in laboratories specialising in quality and biometric solution security testing. It was assumed that such laboratories can have a distributed structure and consist of mutually-accrediting certification and testing institutions. This assumption is vital from the perspective of including Polish biometric expertise in European plans of creating such laboratory networks. An important result of the project was the adaptation of existing legal norms and the development of new regulations governing the security of biometric data. The regulations govern the use of such systems, as well as the norms and certificates required to utilise them.
The project also brought other important benefits resulting from our partnership with the Warsaw University Chair of Forensic Science, which possesses legal expertise concerning the use of biometric data for identification purposes and which complements our own expertise on the subject. Other benefits come from our partnership with the Polish Security Printing Works, whose practical experience related to manufacturing biometric passports and visas is of particular value when planning the workflow of the laboratories mentioned above.
Procedures for quality and biometric solution security testing laboratories.
- Institute of Control and Computation Engineering, Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology, Warsaw University of Technology
- NASK PIB
- Polish Security Printing Works
- Chair of Forensic Science, Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw