- Project name: High-Performance Modelling and Simulation for Big Data Applications – cHiPSet
- Website: http://chipset-cost.eu/
- Source of funding: European Commission
- Project goal: The purpose of the project is to conduct interdisciplinary research on big data processing tools in cloud computing environments. The NASK Research Division coordinates efforts focused on optimising the methods of controlling computational and telecommunication infrastructure used for big data processing. These efforts include designing computational resource allocation mechanisms, computation serialisation, controlling the activity of computation and network nodes, as well as collecting and processing data acquired from sensor networks.
The project is part of the Horizon 2020 programme. Its purpose is to support international partnerships by facilitating contact and sharing knowledge. Meetings and joint initiatives involving researchers are organised (publications, conferences, internships for young researchers etc.) for the purpose of sharing experiences and developing new system modelling and simulation methods requiring large quantities of data (technical, economic and medical systems, social networks etc.). Also discussed are various parallel and distributed computation technologies.
The results of the project include monographs, articles and conference papers.
The project consortium consists of institutions from 32 countries.
Poland is represented by the following research units:
- NASK PIB
- Kraków University of Technology
- Warszawa University of Technology