- Project name: System for ensuring secure IP communication in power grid management (BIPSE)
- Source of funding: National Centre for Research and Development
- Project goal: Developing a system of ensuring the ICT security of the technological infrastructure of power grid operators and electrical energy producers.
The solution is the only such technologically advanced, comprehensive and integrated system available on the market that ensures complete protection of grid management systems and is fully adapted to the specificity of the system it protects. Unlike other currently available IT solutions, BIPSE integrates many diverse mechanisms which monitor different aspects of ICT infrastructure security, enabling the collection of accurate and up-to-date data on potential threats and providing a clear overview of any current situation. This makes it possible to effectively coordinate protection efforts to ensure continued operation.
prototype system for ensuring secure IP communication in power grid management (readiness level VII)
- new insights into vulnerabilities and threats specific to industrial facility control systems
- technical and previously mentioned documentation, solutions, procedures and recommendations concerning system implementation
- interface specification for integration with other currently existing and future systems used by power stations and centrally-dispatched generating units
- guidelines regarding the system's applications for the purposes of network businesses in other key sectors focusing on ensuring Poland's energy security, as well as for the purposes of other generating units other than those which are centrally-dispatched
- Military University of Technology – Project Leader
- NASK PIB
- Military Communication Institute
- Asseco S.A.
- "Cyberbezpieczeństwo systemów zarządzania siecią elektroenergetyczną"; Przegląd Telekomunikacyjny, Wiadomości Telekomunikacyjne, 2014, vol. 8-9.
- "Evaluation of the Cyber Security Provision System for Critical Infrastructure"; Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology (JTIT). 2015, vol. 4.
- "Detecting Security Violations Based on Multilayered Event Log Processing"; Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology (JTIT), 2015, vol. 4.
- "SHaPe: A Honeypot for Electric Power Substation"; Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology (JTIT), 2015, vol. 4.