NASK National Research Institute in Poland invites talented scientists to form a research groupand establish an original research program in applied mathematics, artificial intelligence, and computer science. A passionate and enthusiastic team, excellent working conditions, competitive salaries, and a tenure-track carrier model are all part of the offer.
A leading research institute in Central Europe, NASK offers an outstanding research environment with unique datasets, labs, and network infrastructure, supporting world-class scientific research with cybersecurity and artificial intelligence applications.
Now, as part of its ambitious development vision, NASK R&D Centre intends to expand its research activities in new directions related to its cybersecurity and AI core.
These new endeavours call for enthusiastic leaders in each field, building their own teams around their own ambitious visions, knowledgeable in their fields and passionate about research topics worth pursuing.
With open faculty positions, NASK invites talented scientists to establish an original research program and form a research group. A passionate and enthusiastic team, excellent working conditions, outstanding salaries, and a tenure-track carrier model are all included.
We invite mathematicians and computer scientists to join a research initiative focused on advancing the theory and applications of randomized and numerical linear algebra.
The research scope includes exciting challenges of efficient and robust machine learning, compressed sensing, sparse sensor placement, matrix factorization and completion, and dynamic mode decomposition. It is rooted in and vastly inspired by the real-life cybersecurity and natural language processing challenges we deal with daily at NASK. These challenges include the development of cybersecurity threat detection and mitigation systems, as well as natural language processing systems improving the user experience of public digital services.
The employee's task will be to conduct research and development work as part of the implemented projects and to disseminate their results, as well as to participate in NASK's educational projects. His duties will include in particular:
- Participation in NASK's research and development projects within the research area relevant to the position;
- Conducting own research on the subject of the plant's work;
- Dissemination of research results in the form of scientific publications, conference speeches and seminars;
- Optional educational and publicity activities promoting the team's work;
- Possession of at least a master's degree or a master's degree in mathematics, computer science, automation or a related discipline;
- possession of a doctoral degree in the field of science and natural sciences or technical sciences;
- documented scientific achievements (publications in national and international journals, conference presentations, participation in scientific and R&D projects);
- recognized competence in at least one of the following areas:
- linear algebra (numerical or randomized),
- numerical methods,
- control theory,
- machine learning / AI;
- experience in teaching;
- programming skills in Matlab, Python, R, Julia, familiarity with ML/AI libraries, and willingness to learn other computer science tools;
- knowledge of Linux (usage, elementary administration);
- fluency in English;
- fluency in Polish;
- ability to create documents and presentations in LaTeX and office packages, as well as materials promoting scientific achievements;
- willingness to continue scientific development and readiness to develop software.
Knowledge of the following will be an added advantage:
- compressed sensing;
- sparse sensor placement;
- dynamic mode decomposition;
- matrix completion;
- proximal operators.
What we offer:
- Cooperation in numerous ambitious R&D projects, national and international;
- High academic freedom – own research within the area of interest of the team is encouraged;
- Working in an ambitious and active academic environment with experts in related fields;
- Full-time (preferred) or part-time employment with elastic working hours, good salary and comfortable social package (medical package, life insurance, funding for cultural and sport activities, etc);
- Comfortable working conditions in a conveniently located office in central Warsaw;
- Base salary 3000 – 4200 EUR plus attractive bonus.
Living in the Area
Warsaw is the administrative, political and financial capital of Poland. Excellent accessibility, an array of talented, capable and educated young people, rapidly growing GDP and high quality of life make Warsaw the most attractive business destination in the CEE region. With two international airports, Warsaw is connected to 65 countries and more than 120 cities. Warsaw is also an important point on the global meetings map and often hosts major internationalevents. Warsaw is a modern European metropolis that is open to the needs of its residents.Investments undertaken in recent years have focused on a number of areas, such as culture, education, sports and recreation, with the common goal of raising the quality and standard of living of Varsovians. Warsaw is a city that is changing with its residents and for its residents.
Applications should be written in Polish or in English. Application should include:
- application for employment addressed to the Director of NASK-PIB;
- statement of consent to the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes;
- CV and cover letter;
- copies of documents certifying education;
- description of the candidate's scientific achievements, e.g.
- list of research projects in which the candidate/candidate participated,
- a list of projects that the candidate/candidate managed and implementations of research projects,
- list of publications,
- list of functions performed.
Applications containing the competition documents should be submitted by 28.02.2023 until 16.00 to the secretariat of NASK-PIB, Warsaw (01-045), Kolska 12 Street, or delivered by post with a note on the envelope: "Competition for a Assistant Professor of Linear Algebra ref. 252/1122" or sent via application form below. Applications delivered after this deadline will not be considered, but the deadline is considered to have been met if the offer has been posted at the postal operator's office or submitted at the Institute's headquarters before the deadline.
An offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon eligibility for employment in Poland. Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
According to the Polish labor law, every employee hired for a job must take a medical examination before starting work.
It is our duty to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Deadline for settlement of the competition: 20.03.2023