NASK National Research Institute in Poland invites talented scientists to form a research groupand establish an original research program in applied mathematics, artificial intelligence, and computer science. A passionate and enthusiastic team, excellent working conditions, competitive salaries, and a tenure-track carrier model are all part of the offer.
A leading research institute in Central Europe, NASK offers an outstanding research environment with unique datasets, labs, and network infrastructure, supporting world-class scientific research with cybersecurity and artificial intelligence applications.
Now, as part of its ambitious development vision, NASK R&D Centre intends to expand its research activities in new directions related to its cybersecurity and AI core.
These new endeavours call for enthusiastic leaders in each field, building their own teams around their own ambitious visions, knowledgeable in their fields and passionate about hot research topics worth pursuing.
With open faculty positions, NASK invites talented scientists to establish an original research program and form a research group. A passionate and enthusiastic team, excellent working conditions, outstanding salaries, and a tenure-track carrier model are all included.
You will be tasked with setting up a research and development facility from scratch on the broad topic of quantum computing, including:
- Determination of research directions;
- Recruiting the initial composition of a small team;
- Ongoing management of the plant's research and development activities;
- Conducting in-house research within. As the role description implies, the ideal candidate is a person with clear vision and significant scientific ambition, with good knowledge of the field, scientific autonomy and skills required for effective team-building in a scientific context.
- Possession of at least a master's degree or a master's degree in mathematics, physics, computer science or a related discipline, and a doctoral degree or a professor's title in the field of science and natural sciences or technical sciences;
- Documented scientific achievements (publications in domestic and foreign journals, conference presentations, participation in scientific and R&D projects);
- Recognized competence in at least one of the following areas:
- computational mathematics,
- applied physics,
- mechanics and/or quantum technology,
- computer technology;
- Demonstrated experience in leading scientific and R&D projects and/or scientific teams;
- Experience in successfully supporting the scientific development of junior researchers (supervising successfully completed theses and/or doctoral dissertations);
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows (usage, elementary administration of own computer);
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to create documents and presentations in LaTeX and office packages, as well as materials promoting scientific achievements;
- Desire for further scientific development, a clarified vision of interesting research directions in the field of quantum computing supported by knowledge of the current state of knowledge in this area.
What we offer:
- Key role in developing and implementing a long term research agenda for the team;
- High academic freedom – as the expert in your field you set the research directions;
- Working in an ambitious and active academic environment with experts in related fields;
- Full-time (preferred) or part-time employment with elastic working hours, good salary and comfortable social package (medical package, life insurance, funding for cultural and sport activities, etc);
- Comfortable working conditions in a conveniently located office in central Warsaw;
- Base salary 3400 – 5300 EUR plus attractive bonus.
Living in the Area
Warsaw is the administrative, political and financial capital of Poland. Excellent accessibility, an array of talented, capable and educated young people, rapidly growing GDP and high quality of life make Warsaw the most attractive business destination in the CEE region. With two international airports, Warsaw is connected to 65 countries and more than 120 cities. Warsaw is also an important point on the global meetings map and often hosts major international events. Warsaw is a modern European metropolis that is open to the needs of its residents.Investments undertaken in recent years have focused on a number of areas, such as culture, education, sports and recreation, with the common goal of raising the quality and standard of living of Varsovians. Warsaw is a city that is changing with its residents and for its residents.
Applications should be written in Polish or in English. Application should include:
- application for employment addressed to the Director of NASK-PIB;
- statement of consent to the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes;
- CV and cover letter;
- copies of documents certifying education;
- an outline of the vision of the plant's research directions (in bullet points, no more than half a page of A4 - a full presentation of the vision will be expected from candidates during the interview);
- description of the candidate's scientific achievements, e.g.
- list of research projects in which the candidate/candidate participated,
- a list of projects that the candidate/candidate managed and implementations of research projects,
- list of publications,
- list of functions performed.
Applications containing the competition documents should be submitted by 28.02.2023 until 16.00 to the secretariat of NASK-PIB, Warsaw (01-045), Kolska 12 Street, or delivered by post with a note on the envelope: "Competition for a Professor, Head of Department of Quantum Computing ref.251/1122." or sent via application form below. Applications delivered after this deadline will not be considered, but the deadline is considered to have been met if the offer has been posted at the postal operator's office or submitted at the Institute's headquarters before the deadline.
An offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon eligibility for employment in Poland. Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
According to the Polish labor law, every employee hired for a job must take a medical examination before starting work.
It is our duty to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Deadline for settlement of the competition: 20.03.2023