- Project name: Financial sector protection systems (BotSense)
- Website: https://www.botsense.pl
- Source of funding: NASK product
- Project goal: The purpose of the system is real-time detection of attempts at account hacking and unauthorised financial transactions caused by malicious software which tampers with the browsers of bank customers using electronic banking services.
- A GUI and automated webinject activity signature distribution mechanisms were developed.
- New implementation and maintenance processes were created, adapted to SLA requirements.
- A signature testing environment for various browsers and systems was developed.
- A new, stable system version was developed in the form of a virtual machine with an altered GUI. Different system versions implemented for various clients began to be replaced with a single version.
- By the end of 2017, the system was installed in seven Polish banks and one public administration institution.
- A new version of the system, BotSense 2.0, will be developed in 2018, featuring more efficient architecture which will render it possible to implement new malware detection techniques. A module for protecting users of dedicated mobile applications is currently in production.
PROJECT PARTICIPANTS: NASK PIB