- Project name: National Cybersecurity Platform (NPC)
- Source of funding: The National Centre for Research and Developement
- Project goal: The project assumes the construction of a prototype of a comprehensive, integrated system for monitoring, imaging and warning about threats to the cyberspace of the state. The solution will be aimed at preventing, detecting and minimizing the effects of incidents violating the security of information and communication systems important for the functioning of the state, creating conditions for sharing knowledge about threats.
- a prototype of an interactive system for monitoring, imaging and warning against threats
- an expert system supporting decision-making in processes of identifying key services and connections between services and subjects
- methods of dynamic and static risk assessment
- tools for detecting vulnerabilities and threats
System and technical solutions, developed within the framework of the National Cybersecurity Platform, will enable obtaining current information on the state of security in cyberspace, assessing threats, their potential effects, and reacting in a coordinated way to computer incidents at national level. Innovative methods and tools for event correlation, situation analysis, dynamic and static risk analysis will be developed; multi-dimensional visualization methods and techniques with multimodal operator interface; mechanisms for vulnerability and threat detection in TCP/IP networks, mobile wireless networks, IoT environment, industrial automation networks and secure mechanisms for sharing information between the Operations Centre and Platform Participants.
An expert system will be created to support the selection of appropriate methodologies and measures to determine ICT security requirements and to report significant ICT security incidents for particular sectors covered by the NIS Directive and future legal regulations in Poland. The final result of the project will be an increase in the level of cybersecurity of the Republic of Poland and increase of national potential and competences in the field of cybersecurity.
- NASK – Project Leader
- WARSAW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- NATIONAL CENTRE FOR NUCLEAR RESEARCH
- INSTITUTE OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS